Dogs can benefit from massage, too! Just like humans, massage assists healing in a way that compliments the body's natural healing ability.
The following conditions can benefit from massage:
- Injuries resulting from competitive events and backyard play
- Hind limb weakness/orthopedic conditions
- Post operative healing
- Compensating muscle overuse due to anatomical imbalances
Canine massage also benefits senior dogs through relaxation and palliative techniques.
Warm up and cool down massages help competition dogs.
Canine massage provides many benefits including:
- Increases circulation of blood and lymphatic systems, that assist with healing and the preparation for competition.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Flushes toxins and metabolic wastes from the system, which facilitates post surgery and post competition healing.
- Relieves muscular restrictions, tightness, stiffness, and spasms.
- Promotes an overall sense of wellness and relaxation, which is especially helpful with rescue dogs, show dogs with butterflies, and nervous dogs.
Offering first class mobile canine massage in the Bradenton/Sarasota, Florida area. Your canine companion receives professional treatment that includes comprehensive treatment notes, vet communication, Healing Touch for Animals® techniques and massage treatments using 100% pure, therapeutic essential oils that are individualized for your dog.
MASSAGE IS NEVER A SUBSTITUTE FOR LICENSED VETERINARY CARE.
"Sue always takes in consideration my dog's mood before proceeding with the massage. Shorty was a senior dog and never had a massage. Each treatment he was more relaxed and less timid. He responded to her compassion and gentle touch with increased trust. I would highly recommend Sue to anybody wanting to have massage for their dogs." Heather Flannery
Certified Canine Massage Therapist
Certified Animals & Oils, Dr. Melissa Shelton, DVM
Reiki Level I
Healing Touch for Animals® Level 4 Practitioner